Bethel Baptist Weekday Preschool & Kindergarten, operated by Bethel Baptist Church, located at 1004 Yorktown Road, Yorktown, VA 23693, has disclosed in writing to the parents or guardians of children enrolled that the center is exempt from a license and the qualifications of personnel employed.
The center’s physical facilities, enrollment capacity, food services, health requirements for the staff and public liability insurance has been described in writing to the parents or guardians of the children in the center. The above information has also been made available to the general public.
The Center has established and implemented procedures for:
- Hand washing by staff and children before eating and after toilet use and diapering
- Appropriate supervision of all children in care, including daily intake and dismissal procedures to ensure safety of children
- A daily simple health screening and exclusion of sick children by a person trained to perform such screenings
- Ensuring that a person trained and certified in first aid is present at the Center whenever children are present
- Ensuring that all areas of the premises accessible to children are free of obvious injury hazards, including providing and maintaining sand or other cushioning material under playground equipment.
- Ensuring that all staff are able to recognize the signs of child abuse and neglect
The Center is in compliance with the requirements of:
- Section 63.1-198.2 relating to criminal history record checks.
- Section 63.1-248.3 relating to the reporting of suspected cases of child abuse and neglect Chapter 3 (Section 46.2-300 et seq.) of Title 46.2 regarding a valid Virginia driver’s license or commercial driver’s license; of Article 21 (Section 46.2-1157 et seq.) of Chapter 10 of Title 46.2, regarding vehicle inspections; ensuring that any vehicle used to transport children is an insured motor vehicle as defined in Section 46.2-705; and Article 13 (Section46.2-1095 et seq.) of Chapter 10 of Title 46.2 regarding child restraint devices.