We are located 5-10 minutes from Poquoson, Langley Air Force Base and Interstate 64. If you are coming down Victory Boulevard from Newport News, you will turn left onto Yorktown Road (at the fire station). We are located directly beside Tabb High School.
Bethel Baptist Church
1004 Yorktown Road
Yorktown, VA 23693
When should I arrive?
Our main worship services are at 8:30 & 11am. We would recommend arriving at 10:45am in order to find your parking place and your seat. Guest parking is conveniently located towards the main entrance.
What should I wear?
Dress anyway you like. You will find some people with ties and coats and some people wearing jeans. There is no formal or informal ‘dress code.’
What kind of music do you use?
Music includes a variety of praise songs and hymns. We have a full orchestra and rhythm section. We also have an adult choir and praise team that participates during each worship service.
What about my children?
We offer classes for children from Pre-Kindergarten to 6th grade for our Bible Fellowship hour from 9:45am to 10:45am that has lessons geared towards their age range and care for our youngest friends. Our classes are staffed by volunteers who have all been background checked and have been properly trained.
We also offer Extended Session (infants-Pre-K) and Children’s Worship (K-4th grade) during our 11am Worship service. We would love the opportunity to teach your child(ren) about Jesus and how much He loves them! Thank you for thinking about visiting Bethel Baptist Church.
If you have any questions about our Children’s Ministry, please reach out to Pastor Jake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will the service last?
Our services average around 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Will I be singled out in the service?
NO – We will simply ask that you complete a connection card and place it in the offering plate during the worship service.
Steps to Join Bethel
- At the conclusion of a worship service, make your way to the front to share with the pastor your desire to unite with Bethel.
- At this point, Pastor Doug will introduce you to the faith family and share with them your desire to become a member of Bethel.
- Attend one of our quarterly New Members Classes. You will receive more information about this class by email or letter.
- We will then schedule a time to meet with one of our pastors to discuss your personal testimony of faith and answer any questions that you may have about the church.
- If you have not been baptized, we will schedule a time that is convenient for baptism.
- At the next scheduled member’s meeting, your names will be presented to the church family for membership.