Spiritual Gifts 101
1 Corinthians 12:1-11
Pastor Doug Echols – 5/14/23
- Cessation – God has ceased to give miraculous spiritual gifts to the church.
- Continuation – God continues to give miraculous spiritual gifts to the church.
- A Proper Understanding of Spiritual Gifts
Spiritual Gifts – “Gifts of grace sovereignly given by the Holy Spirit to each believer for the edification of the church.”
- The Varieties of Spiritual Gifts
- Emphasis on the Trinity
- Emphasis on Unity in Diversity
- The Purpose of Spiritual Gifts
“To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.” (1 Corinthians 12:7)
“for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ.” (Ephesians 4:12)
- The Examples of spiritual gifts
Spiritual gift lists in the Bible – 1 Corinthians 12:28-30; Romans 12; and Ephesians 4.