Planning a Visit?
Check out “Resources” below to view/print a map of our church campus. If you have children (infants-5th grade) you can also go ahead and print out a children’s check-in form and have it filled out in advance!
See our welcome video on the right to learn more.
Service Times & Directions
We are located 5-10 minutes from Poquoson, Langley Air Force Base and Interstate 64. If you are coming down Victory Boulevard from Newport News, you will turn left onto Yorktown Road (at the fire station). We are located directly beside Tabb High School.
Bethel Baptist Church
1004 Yorktown Road
Yorktown, VA 23693
When should I arrive?
Our main worship service is at 10:30 a.m. We would recommend arriving at 10:15 in order to find your parking place and your seat. Guest parking is conveniently located towards the main entrance.
What should I wear?
Dress anyway you like. You will find some people with ties and coats and some people wearing jeans. There is no formal or informal ‘dress code.’
What kind of music do you use?
Music includes a variety of praise songs and hymns. We have a full orchestra and rhythm section. We also have an adult choir and praise team that participates during the each worship service.
What about my children?
We offer a nursery for infants up to Pre-Kindergarten. The nursery is well staffed by volunteers who have all been through background checks and proper training. We also offer a children’s worship experience for children ages PreK-3rd grade. We love children at Bethel Baptist Church.
How long will the service last?
Our services average around 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Will I be singled out in the service?
NO – We will simply ask that you complete a connection card and place it in the offering plate during the worship service.
Steps to Join Bethel
- At the conclusion of a worship service, make your way to the front to share with the pastor your desire to unite with Bethel.
- At this point, Pastor Doug will introduce you to the faith family and share with them your desire to become a member of Bethel.
- Attend one of our quarterly New Members Classes. You will receive more information about this class by email or letter.
- We will then schedule a time to meet with one of our pastors to discuss your personal testimony of faith and answer any questions that you may have about the church.
- If you have not been baptized, we will schedule a time that is convenient for baptism.
- At the next scheduled member’s meeting, your names will be presented to the church family for membership.