WHAT is CAYA?
CAYA is a “coffee-house” style bible fellowship and ministry offered at Bethel Baptist Church and is designed specifically and only for college students and young adults ages 18 through 25. The environment is conducive for members to have thought-provoking spiritual and life-related conversations and to dig deep into God’s Word for a biblical perspective on how to live a healthy life while still dealing with all of life’s curveballs. Throughout the week, the CAYA class will do service activities and missions work such as feeding the homeless, home maintenance/remodeling projects, lending a helping hand in the community, and connecting with our precious, senior adults. The class also has many fun and exciting adventures planned throughout the year such as hiking, trips to waterfalls, hockey games, roller and ice-skating, movie nights, Escape rooms, beach trips, and more! CAYA’s vision is to Build God’s kingdom by having honest, real Conversations, Learn biblical truth, Grow in God’s Word, Serve the community, and have many fun Adventures along the way!
WHO is CAYA designed for?
CAYA is for College Students and Young Adults who:
- Are age 18-25; in college, working, or simply living life (1 Timothy 4:12; Heb. 6:1)
- Have never been married or cohabited with a significant other; (Psalm 119:9; Hebrews 13:4; 1 Thes. 4:3-5; 2 Tim. 2:22)
- Are not yet parents of a child (Prov. 22:6; Eph. 6:4)
- Are curious and want to learn more about God’s Word (Psalm 32:8; Phil. 4:9; Psalm 25:4)
- Are willing to step out of their box, meet new friends, build God’s kingdom, serve others, and try new adventures (James 1:22; Titus 3:14; Matt. 28:19-20)
- Desire a place that will meet them where they are in their spiritual walk (1 Cor. 3:2; 2 Pet. 3:8)
WHEN and WHERE do CAYA meet?
Sundays from 9:15-10:15am in Room R-9: the room across from the gymnasium entrance.
Different days throughout the week, at various locations, involving a variety of indoor, outdoor, and service activities.