- To glorify God by equipping individuals in the area of worship and music so as to build them up to serve the Lord and His church with humble adoration & undistracted excellence.
A Christ-centered ministry where the Gospel is central and where God is worshipped as He desires, in spirit and truth.John 4:23-24
I will extol you, my God and King,and bless your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless youand praise your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable.(Psalm 145:1-3)
One generation shall commend your works to another,and shall declare your mighty acts.(Psalm 145:4)
C. Biblical Singing
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.(Colossians 3:16)
Sing to him a new song;play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts.(Psalm 33:3)
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”(Matthew 28:19-20)
F. Spirit & Truth Worship
But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”(John 4:23-24)
- To greatly increase the number of worshippers of Jesus Christ
- That individuals would develop and excel in their skill
- That persons would gain a fuller understanding of the One True God
- That many generations would be encouraged to worship Jesus Christ
- That all would receive encouragement in living for the glory of God
- Gain a well-rooted understanding of Biblical Worship
- Obtain a substantial grasp of music theory and ear training skills
- Build the worship ministry through the Academy
- Continue to raise the overall level of musical excellence in corporate worship
Vocal & Instrumental Lessons
Private vocal and instrumental lessons are offered and consist of 30 minutes weekly, each semester, beginning from 1st grade and up. This includes lessons in voice, piano, guitar, strings, and woodwinds. Hour-long lessons are available, when the teacher and student deem appropriate. All lessons are offered on the campus of Bethel Baptist Church.
There will be a recital each semester for students enrolled in the academy. This serves the student well as it helps them gain confidence in playing their piece(s) in front of people. We encourage each student to participate in the recital as music is a performance art.
Classes and Private Lessons Offered
A. Finale Instruction & Songwriting Lab
This class will strive to foster a love for writing both original material and arranging and orchestrating. We will as a class be working on Underscores for Easter Praise 2017 as well as students own projects. Finale 2014.5 or later is desired. Each class session will have a training element to it as well- theory, Finale Review, arranging and orchestration techniques.
B. Exploring Art (2nd-6th Grade)
In this class students will explore a variety of mediums and techniques (pastels, pencil, watercolor, & clay and more).
C. Drawing and Painting (7th-12th Grade)
In this class students will use of variety of mediums (pencil, pastel, & paints) to develop techniques in the area of drawing and painting.
D. Little Mozarts, Ages 4-6 (4 to make)
Semester One (First Timers): Tuesdays, 12:30-1:15pm. Semester Two (Second Timers, who have completed Semester 1): Mondays, 12:30-1:15pm Students must be 4 years old by September 30.
Students must be 7 years old by September 30.
Piano: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Voice: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Violin, Viola: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Cello: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
String Bass: Beginner
Guitar: Beginner, Intermediate
Electric Bass: Beginner
Flute: Beginner, Intermediate
Clarinet: Beginner, Intermediate
Drums: Beginner, Intermediate
A. Gospel-Centered Christian
Each instructor must be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ. This is a Gospel-centered ministry in which we desire to advance the Gospel.
Each instructor must have a certain mastery of their skill of either formal training or considerable experience. Pastor Keith will assess this qualification as we desire to offer top notch training.
C. Current Instructors
Piano: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced Finale and Song Writing Music Theory
Voice: Beginner, Intermediate (female) Piano: Beginner
Voice: Beginner, Intermediate Piano: Beginner
Violin: Beginner Viola: Beginner Cello: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced String Bass: Beginner
Violin: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced Viola: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced Flute: Beginner Clarinet: Beginner
Guitar: Beginner, Intermediate Electric Bass: Beginner
Drums, Guitar, Electric Bass
Exploring Art Drawing and Painting
Tuition for Lessons & Classes
Each semester there will be a Registration Fee of $30 for the first student/$20 for the second student. This allows us to faithfully administer the ministry of the Academy.
- Group Classes: Finale Instruction & Songwriting Lab: $20 per 90-minute hour session. Exploring Art/Drawing and Painting: $20 per student per class, $20 Art Fee (one time due at the first month's payment) Music for Little Mozarts: $9 per session
- Private lessons will be $25.00 for a ½ hour and $50 for 1 hour.
- Students will be expected to cover the cost of their scores and text books.
Payments may be made in person during the day at the church office, mailed to Worship Arts Academy Bethel Baptist Church, or paid electronically via the online payment option on the church website, bbcyorktown.org. Please make checks payable to Bethel Baptist Church with the memo Worship Arts Academy/Student Name.
Payments may be made:
- Billing will be a month in advance. Invoices will be emailed on the 20th of each month and due by the 1st of the next month. For the first month of the semester, invoices will go out to you by the 5th and payments are due by the 20th.
- Payments may be made at one time for an entire semester.
- Lesson fees are non-refundable. One attempt will be made for a make-up lesson based on the instructor’s availability. Please give the instructor 24 hour notice when scheduling a make-up lesson.
- Each student is expected to pay for their literature as assigned by the instructor. Please know that we strive to keep this cost low but due to copyright we are responsible to honor the law of copying.
Past Due Accounts
An account is considered past due after the 5th of the month. Past due accounts will be assessed a $10 late fee after the 5th of the month. If an account is still past due after the 10th, lessons will be suspended until the account balance is paid. Lessons missed due to past due accounts will not be rescheduled.
If a student wishes to withdrawal past the 10th of the month the administration fee will not be refunded.
For more information, contact LaDonna Armstrong, the Worship Arts Academy Administrative Asssitant, at email@example.com